Cabapan 60mg (Cabazitaxel Injection), as of my most recent update in September 2021, is a drug used to treat some forms of advanced or metastatic prostate cancer. Cabazitaxel, a member of the class of medications known as taxanes, operates by preventing cancer cells from proliferating and multiplying. It is frequently administered to patients whose cancer has advanced despite prior therapy with other drugs. By use of an intravenous infusion, cabagan is normally given by medical personnel. Low blood cell counts, exhaustion, nausea, diarrhoea, and hair loss are possible side effects. The injection, which is a crucial component of the treatment plan for people with advanced prostate cancer, should be administered with the appropriate medical oversight. Consult a healthcare professional for the most up-to-date information.
1. The drug Cabapan (Cabazitaxel Injection) is used to treat metastatic or advanced prostate cancer that has spread after prior therapy with other drugs, such as docetaxel. Patients with prostate cancer that is hormone-refractory are specifically advised to take it.
2. Cabazitaxel is a taxane-based chemotherapeutic medication that slows the growth of tumours and reduces symptoms in advanced prostate cancer by preventing the division and expansion of cancer cells.
1. Low Blood Cell Counts: Cabazitaxel can cause a reduction in platelets (thrombocytopenia), white blood cells (neutropenia), and red blood cells (anaemia), which raises the risk of infections, bleeding, and exhaustion.
2. Gastrointestinal problems: Common gastrointestinal side effects include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, and abdominal discomfort.
4. Loss of Hair (Alopecia)
5. Tingling, numbness, or discomfort in the hands and feet is known as peripheral neuropathy.
6. Pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site are the possible side effects.
Serious adverse reactions, including as severe allergic responses, bone marrow suppression, and kidney issues, can happen. Any odd symptoms or adverse effects must be reported right once to a healthcare professional.
When using cabaditaxel, patients should be closely supervised by a qualified medical professional. Consult a healthcare professional or refer to up-to-date medical sources for the most recent information.